Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Skiff of Snow - Daily Photo 8/365

This morning I woke to find a text on message on my phone.  The message was a picture of a snow-covered deck along with a request for me to reply with my own picture of our snow.

SNOW?!  What snow?  When I went to bed last night it was in the high 30's so there shouldn't be any snow around, no matter what the weather man predicted.  Looking out my window I saw that it had snowed and in fact, was still flurrying a little. 

Because it is now very cold with a wind that makes the windchill soething I don't even want to know, I quickly took a few quick shots.

Yes, I'm cruel when it comes to plants, it's strictly survival of the fittest.  The little cactus and [you can't see it] bamboo plant are on their own.  The stalk of the cactus is turning brown but it's still alive, even sitting in ice.

 So feel the chill in today's photo.


What I like about this image:
  • The color tones
  • The reflection of the deck floor in the red pot on the right

No comments: