Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back To My Roots - Daily Photo 20/365

My posted Daily Photos have not been at all exciting.  Not one of them has stirred within me a "WOW!"
Part of it is due to the photo-unfriendly weather we've been having, part is due to the forced creativity required for this challenge and part is due to the fact that I'm not shooting people.  People have become my favorite subject and I miss posting them here, but for now, portraits will be infrequent.
What am I to do? 
Today I decided to go back to my roots, to where I started in photography - macro shots, close-ups. So that's what I did.


Fungus covered branches.  Who'd have thought it could be so pretty?
  Today was another gray sky with a light mist (now it's snowing) and this tree was up against a wall of rock which actually made for a wonderful background.  And check out the bokeh.
Minimal processing was done because I am very pleased with what came out of the camera (SOOC images).  All I did was bump up the light on this first one.





 As with the image above, the light was bumped up and then I cropped it a bit.

So what do you think, should I stay with my roots for a while, at least until the weather starts cooperating?

No comments: