Sunday, January 9, 2011

Less Is More - Daily Photo 9/365

It's really hard for me to find a good stopping place when I'm processing an image.  It's a bit of the Tim The Tool Man Taylor mentality, if one action is good then several actions must be fantastic.

This was a very simple shot as far as the subject - a fake plant against a brick wall.  As I was pursuing subjects for today's image I shot a couple of a textured white orb that I have sitting in a bowl on my entry table.  As a picture it's pretty boring, but in an attempt to try something a little different I chose to use the orb shot as a texture.  If you look a little closer at the image below you'll see the texture from the orb.  Since the orb it white it brightened up the picture but it needed some balance.  So I ran the shot as a texture again, but this time I rotated it 180 degrees.

Have you ever layered your photos in order to create something different?  Have you ever created your own textures?

No comments: