Sunday, January 16, 2011

Before & After - Daily Photo 16/365

Sometimes it's fun to see where an image started rather than just final one that is posted.  So today that's what I've done.  Four sets of Before & After.  [SOOC means Straight Out Of Camera.]


Even this time of year, when all plant-life is supposedly dormant, there is great beauty to be found. 
The only things I really wanted to change on the SOOC images was the color intensity/contrast and the crop. 

As you can see on each of the SOOC images, the bokeh is wonderful but I wanted to try something new, not to make the bokeh better but to make the image itself pop.  The last step in my processing was to overlay a PTM Bokelicious Texture at anywhere from 60%-100%. The "something new" was the next step, when I removed the texture, completely, from the image which left only the color tones of the original texture. I was very pleased with the final image.

Have you ever processed with a texture then remove the texture itself?





















No comments: