Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Are These? - Daily Photo 83/365

Today I'd been successful in finding something other than flora for today's photo but as I was driving home I saw these gorgeous deep purpley-blue flowers growing between the street and the sidewalk.  They are very small and the only reason I saw them was because of their vibrant color.
I whipped the car into the nearby parking lot and with camera in hand walked over to capture this beauty with my camera.






Can anyone identify these for me?  Mom?  Deb?  Penni? 
Notice, Lori & Marti, I didn't ask you.  :o)





 Each cluster on the stem is no more than 3/4".





Then I saw this...so very beautiful!

It's a good thing I took these pictures because the ones I'd taken earlier were gone!  How do you lose pictures on a digital camera?  It's a mystery that I'm not going to pursue, unless it happens again.
I can always go back tomorrow.

1 comment:

kpjordan said...

Dee, I've seen the little blue flowers, but I cannot identify them. But I know that in the bottom photo...well, those are trees.