Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daily Photo 72/365

Ever heard of Jazz Apples?  It's a first for me but that's how they were marked in the produce department yesterday.






I bought an eight-pound bag of oranges and there were only nine oranges in the bag!  They're huge.  Buying them was a gamble because you may be sacrificing sweetness for size.  This afternoon I ate one though and it was pretty good, not as sweet as a clementine but still pretty good.  And the fragrance...oh I love the smell of a freshly peeled orange, it always reminds me of Christmas.





Love red.  Love it.




Today I decided on a different plan of attack tracking the blossoming of my tree.  Since the progress is slow I'm going to continue to take a picture each day but I'll post the progession in a single post a week at a time.  So you'll be seeing that later this week.






The bradford pear trees are gorgeous right now.  At the top of the street the bradfords blossoms are completely opened but by the time you get to our house (moving down the street) the trees are just in the budding stage.  That means that we'll get to enjoy the beauty a bit longer.





The forsythia bushes are one of my favorites because they remind me of rays of sunshine.  The branches grow every which way and the blossoms are bright yellow.  Even when it's overcast or raining these bushes look like the sun is shining on them.  Too bad the flowering stage is so short-lived.

No comments: