Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Accepting the Challenge - Daily Photo 68/365

Today was my second work day on my new/temp/PT job and it was a much more comfortable day.  I'm becoming more familiar with the tools so productivity increased.

Do you see the seemingly 3D effect in this shot or am I just imagining things?




This morning I found out that the time-frame for the new job is only five weeks instead of eight weeks.  That's a good news/bad news thing, so I'm thankful for what God is providing each day.






This is has been an odd day as far as the weather is concerned.  It was overcast and rainy when I woke this morning then the sun played hide-and-seek for a few hours before another downpour moved in.  When the sun was out I grabbed my camera and hurried outside.







One piece of photography advice I see repeated over and over is "use the manual mode on your camera until you're comfortable with it."  If that's so important why is there an "auto" mode on my camera?  Okay, okay, I really do want to keep growing my technical abilities so I'm taking the advice to heart.




These flowers are very tiny, they're actually some kind of ground-cover weed but that's just a label, they're petite and pretty.  The largest blossom is only about a quarter of an inch.



Today's images were captured using the manual mode and my only prime lens.  Since there isn't any pressure I enjoyed the challenge, enough so that I'm going to attempt to "become comfortable" with manual mode.














Is it still considered a stump if it was created by the tree being damaged naturally and not cut down?  No matter, this is what's left of a tree and it's on the bank of the pond across the street.  The variety of colors and textures makes it both interesting and pretty.












The small buds will become beautiful pink double-blossoms in a couple weeks, so expect to see several more pictures.  Maybe I should take a picture every day to caputre the progress...

No comments: