Saturday, March 5, 2011

Last Minute Choices - Daily Photo 64/365

It's probably obvious that today I struggled for a photo subject.  The rain has returned so there was no going outdoors to find something.  And...I waited until almost the last minute (check the time stamp on this post).  The only option left to me was to just start snapping away at various things in the house.

Considering that nothing was planned I'm rather pleased with the results.


Years ago, my grandfather caned the seat of a chair - this is a close-up of his handiwork.





A mundane piece of office equipment turned out to be quite interesting.  Shredded paper and the mesh container.





This little 4 1/2" flashlight was my biggest surprise.  I like this one, the feel, the sharp contrast and something I can't define, it just speaks to me.
Since it is silver in color it was easy for me to take it to a black & white image.  Applying a texture warmed it up and gave it an aged look.

No comments: