Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wishing Antiques Roadshow was Coming to Town - Daily Photo 111/365

I'm glad to report that  Mom went home this morning.  I got to talk with Mom this afternoon and, though she sounded tired, she's doing fine. 

Today I decided to look at some of my old things as possible subjects for today's photo.
This is a piece of china from the set my parents got as a wedding gift.  Do you see the crackling?  I love it, it makes it seem more precious.


About five years ago during a visit to the local Goodwill store I found the irridescent blue of this little 7.5" bud vase captivating.  Since it was only $2.99 I bought it.
As I was looking at it for today's photo I really looked at it.  It's a signed piece!  Right there on the bottom is the artist's signature and date.
Have you ever heard of Carl Radke?  That's who signed it and it's dated 1984.
Where's Antiques Roadshow when you need it? 
After doing a quick intenet search I learned that this is a jack-in-the-pulpit style.  I didn't find this particular piece just similar pieces.  I couldn't figure out the value other than it's worth a lot more than $2.99.  Pretty cool, right?



No comments: