Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daily Photo 109/365

This morning I had my semi-annual visit to the dentist for cleaning and I'm happy to report that no further work needs to be done and the next appointment is scheduled six months from now.



Those who know me know that cooking isn't one of my favorite past-times.  Oh, I know how to cook, it's the menu planning that I find tedious.
Today I was feeling sorry for my never-complaining, long-suffering DH so I cooked a real meal for dinner tonight.
It smelled so good while it was cooking and it was timed perfectly so it could be served when my DH walked in the door.
But it wasn't to be.  No, that's not right, it was just delayed...by two hours.




My DH always calls to let me know he's on his way so when the phone rang this evening I thought, "perfect timing."  I was wrong.  He needed a ride home because his car is having problems and it wouldn't be safe to drive on the interstate.
I drove the 45 minutes down there then followed him to deliver his car for repair.  He surprised me by making another stop at the parts store before we headed home.
I envisioned a drive where we told each other about our day but while we did talk all the way home it wasn't to each other.  He had to call his brother back and I got to talk to my DIL.  So we both caught up on family news.
Dinner had to be re-heated, but it was delicious.


Fortunately my DH is off tomorrow but we're going to have to figure things out for Thursday - we both need the one car that's working.  Is this a problem?  Sure, but we're up to the challenge.

No comments: