Saturday, April 16, 2011

Farewell Bamboo - Daily Photo 105/365

Seems like during the past few weeks my posts have been late as often they've been on time.
We had more heavy storm systems move through yesterday so I got my work done (my last day) then shut down my computer about 10 a.m. and it's been off until this morning.

It's a good thing I had it unplugged.  We were watching a moving last night when there was [we think] a power surge.  The electricity went off, but came back on in less than a minute.  Here's what's weird...our furnace kicked on!  But it wasn't on, at least we had the thermostat set to "off" because we don't need the a/c and it wasn't cool enough to turn the furnace back on.  It ran for a few minutes then finally turned off on it's own.  Good thing it did, after all, how does one turn off something that is already off?

We had the power pop off again today but no storm in the area so I'm at a loss as to what caused it.  Fortunately it was only for a minute or two.


I captured this image late yesterday morning but this has been my first time to get to my computer to edit and post.  This is my homage to a potted bamboo plant I'd had since 2007.  Guess I shouldn't expect it to thrive in the crazy weather we've been having.  Farewell, Bamboo, I enjoyed you for four years.


No comments: