Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Too Beautiful to Stay Inside - Daily Photo 103/365

Today I got up very early and got to work.  It's the last week for this job but will hopefully return in the fall.

When one has a window in a small den/office with the gorgeous morning light pouring in, concentrating on work can be a challenge.





I'm not really an "outdoor person" but today it really did beckon me.





Once my work was done for the day I pulled out the camera and headed outdoors.





Just walking around the neighborhood I found things I'd not seen before.





Perhaps it would be more accurate to say things I'd not noticed before.





My absolute favorite flower is the tulip.  I bought a box of bulbs a few years ago but we keep forgetting to plant them.  The DH keeps trying to do it in the spring but one of the few things I know about planting tulips is that the bulbs are supposed to be put in the ground in the fall.
Please, if someone knows different, tell me!





The dogwood trees are still so beautiful, but I see that the leaves are beginning to overtake the blossoms.





The vivid red of a japanese maple always catches my eye.




Help!  Who can tell me what this flower is called? 
I don't remember ever seeing this kind before and I think it's both beautiful and intriguing.

1 comment:

kpjordan said...

Dee, I had posted a comment on last week, but evidently I didn't do something right, so I will re-comment....

The flower in that last photo, I believe is a columbine. They come in so many colors, ranging from white to deep purples.
Love the deep red in the Japanese maple.