Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Little Pretties - Daily Photo 32/365

Are you seeing a pattern yet?  When the weather is unfriendly the subject[s] of my daily photos are found indoors.  One of my reasons is that I don't want to risk damaging my camera when it's wet and today it rained all day.  Another reason is that on days like today I just prefer to stay inside, which severely limits my options.

Last Saturday my friend MLR came and spent the day with me and she brought her jewelry-making supplies.  MLR is a newcomer to making jewelry but you wouldn't know that by looking at the pieces she has created.  I drug my jewelry-making stuff out of the closet and we went through my selection of beads and findings.  It's really rather funny, both MLR & I find it difficult to NOT be random or symetrical in our designs, and she is hesitant to move out of her comfort zone, especially when it comes to color choices.  We found a few old pieces that my daughter had made - she finds it very easy to be random - so I sent them home with MLR as inspiration.  Can't wait to see what MLR comes up with next.

Color - love it!  The crystal distorts the shape of the beads so that you only notice their color coming through and reflecting in the crystal.




Have you noticed that I like black as a background - it makes color pop.





Venturing away from the black background was a stretch for me.





Do you think the white background is a good contrast for the colorful beads?





Having a little fun. 





Since the beads are silver and the background is white making this image B&W seemed like the logical choice.

No comments: